What a year...
For a little while, I kept a tradition of writing "year end wrap-ups" - part cliche Christmas letter, part New Year's Resolution, part journal. This year, I just couldn't force myself to write it all down.
But, tonight, it occurred to Liz & I that almost exactly one year ago, we came to Toronto, looking for an apartment. We were thinking about how cold its been this week, how it doesn't really feel like May...
In the last 365-ish days:
- Liz graduated / received her PhD.
- I quit my regular job, and started this "gainful unemployment" thing.
- Liz's brother got married in Washington, D.C.
- We moved to Toronto.
- Liz started her new job at MacMaster.
- We went to GenCon.
- Liz went to Germany, and got stranded in Amsterdam for a day on the way back.
- Liz's parents separated.
- We had a fantastic vacation in Chile.
- We had our first Christmas with Liz's separated family.
- We adopted Badger.
I'm sure I'm leaving some things out, but if you look closely at this list, you'll see that just about everything we could change has been changed.
Oy. No wonder I'm so tired all the time.